Saturday, January 30, 2010

The Endless Job Search...

One again the endless job search keeps the Hat Trick from blogging about anything relevant...I thought I was getting close with the last trip to Columbus (and forgot to submit a trip report, as usual) as I was a finalist with one other person. Found out Thursday afternoon...after several communications attempts...that I did not get the job. Via e-mail no less. What is the matter with people and why has it become so acceptable to use e-mail when someone really needs to pick up the phone and make the call. I know it's uncomfortable telling someone they didn't get a job but it's the classier thing to do...this has happened so much during this year + search that the Hat Trick is wondering if every one in the human resources world is crazy...or are my expectations simply out of whack? Who knows but this whole process has definitely raised the cynic in me and I dislike that intently...

I'll stop ranting now...

I'll continue to keep my readers updated on the process...maybe we'll have some good news to report at some point. Trying to stay positive...

No comments: