Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The Hat Trick Returns!

The Hat Trick realizes he has been absent since my last post on September 20. Needless to say the day job has taken priority…and has kept me busy and spending quite a bit of time on Capitol Hill with energy and tax extenders legislation plus some work on the financial bailout. Congress has finally recessed to go home to get themselves re-elected which has cleared up some time for me…mostly to discover where my desk is under the mounds of paper!

A lot is going on in the political world and I will attempt to address some of the highlights in the next few days. In addition the NHL 2008 – 2009 season began last weekend with games in Prague and Stockholm…a great way to increase interest in the sport given the high number of European players that are in the NHL, including the Red Wings Captain Nick Lidstrom from Sweden!

Thanks for your patience as I get back in the swing of things!

No comments: